In Kathy Stemke’s new picture book, Sh Sh Sh Let the Baby Sleep, we find big brother Zachary a little jealous of his new baby sister. Layla’s needs come first now. When given the job of keeping her asleep, he encounters all kinds of trouble. Zachary has a secret weapon! When he wears his thick black glasses, he has super powers! He rescues her from birds, bears, and all kinds of dangers. In the end, he makes a heartwarming discovery. This action packed book with clever rhymes focuses on teaching consonant blends. The teacher supplement includes comprehension questions, songs, worksheets and activities.
The illustrator, Jack Foster, does a fantastic job depicting the action and humor of this heartwarming story.
Zachary and Layla are sure to go down in history as a famous pair of siblings. That got me thinking of other famous sibling pairs…….
Here are some that I’ve already got floating around my head:
· Hansel and Gretel team up to find a witch.
· Raggedy Ann and Andy dress in primary colors.
· Marsha and Greg Brady from the Brady Bunch put their heads together to solve family problems.
· The Bobbsey Twins solve mysteries together.
· Donny and Marie Osmond sing great duets.
· Jack and Jill fetch water and fall together.
· Michael and Janet Jackson sing and dance together and apart.
· Dick and Jane see Spot together.
· Apollo and Artemis rule in Greek mythology together.
· And finally, Zachary and Layla learn what????
Can you suggest famous literary/historical/mythological/cinematic brother/sister pairs?
Kathy Stemke's websites:
Helium Education Articles: http://www.helium.com/users/406242.html
Education Articles: http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/237923/Kathy_stemke_dancekam.html Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/kathystemke
Follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=6147172660&topic=4910#!/kathymarescomatthews.stemke?ref=profile
Follow me on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/pub/kathy-stemke/13/269/285